Maximizing your investment in a rental property is all about taking small steps to increase your home’s appeal to renters. (more…)
If you own a rental property, congratulations! More Americans than ever are choosing to rent, so investing in a rental property and becoming a landlord is an excellent investment in the current housing market. Unfortunately, being a landlord is not as simple as throwing a “for rent” sign on your home and collecting rent.
If you are considering becoming a landlord, you must memorize and thoroughly understand the large number of laws protecting the rights of tenants about housing and property management in Francisville. The following are just three of the many classes of regulations and protections that every landlord must know to operate within the law.
MK Management Group does much more for the Philadelphia community than simply provide Temple University property management! Our team prides themselves on giving back to the community and encouraging Philadelphians both young and old to come together to keep the City of Brotherly Love looking beautiful.
This year, we are sponsoring our annual MK Cares Clean Up Day to encourage everyone to fight against litter in the Temple University area.
MK Cares Clean Up Day is all about empowering residents to take control of their space and tell litterbugs that there is no room for them to tarnish the Temple University area. By partnering with a number of student-run Temple groups and clubs, as well as with officials from the city of Philadelphia, MK Management hopes to use their upcoming clean up day as a jumping off point to encourage more and more people to help their community.
MK Cares Clean Up Day is just one of the many ways that MK Property Management is working to bring their community together. This past March, they hosted a March Madness tournament to bring together both old and new Philadelphia tenants together for some friendly competition!
Anyone who is interested in joining in on the fun is welcome to attend, and is invited to meet the team at MK Management Group at 8:30 am at 1955 N. 18th St. on April 7th. Participants don’t need to worry about bringing their own supplies; everything will be offered by the MK Cares team. However, residents are advised to wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing and sensible shoes for their safety.
Residents, special group leaders and property management companies in Philadelphia who would like tips and pointers on how to host their own community clean up day are encouraged to contact our team at MK Management Group today by calling 215-664-7824 or filling out a contact form on our website.
If you own a rental property that you’re looking to rent out, congratulations! According to research by LandlordStation.com, only an estimated 3% of Americans own a rental property, which puts you in a position to make some serious extra income.
However, becoming a landlord is no easy feat. We at MK Management Group, a leading manager of Temple University student housing in Philadelphia, have to possess the following four qualities if you expect to turn your rental home into a profitable business.
- Communication. When your tenants feel like you care and listen to their complaints and concerns, they’ll be more likely to pay their bills on time and treat your space with respect. Well-developed listening and communication skills can help you keep reliable tenants filling your properties.
- Organization. Checks, maintenance requests and notices, oh my! As a landlord, your brain will be pulled in a million different directions, and you’ll need to learn to keep track of all the paperwork that comes along with owning a rental property. You’ll also need to maintain a schedule of repairs, taxes due and rent checks paid to make sure that you aren’t losing money or charging a tenant who has already paid.
- Flexibility. Being a landlord is far from your average 9-to-5 job! From calls at midnight from a tenant with plumbing issues to chasing down a tenant who is three weeks late on their rent, you’ll need to keep a flexible schedule to be an effective landlord.
- Commitment. Unless you have a formal education in housing legality and tenant’s rights, you’ll have a lot of reading to do if you want to stay within the laws while renting your property. For example, did you know that it is illegal to show up at your property when it is occupied by a tenant with less than 24 hours notice unless it’s an emergency? Understanding the laws related to renting your property can make or break you as a landlord, and can help you prevent costly legal fees.
Don’t have time to develop these four qualities in yourself? Hire the professionals who already have them!
If you need assistance managing a rental property, contact our team at MK Management Group, the leaders of property leasing in Manayunk. We can help you make more money on your rental property.
If you own a rental property, you probably already know that getting the right tenants is crucial to keeping it profitable and well-kept. On the other hand, placing the wrong tenants into your property can seriously hurt the value of your property. Three of the most common bad tenants can include:
- The sloppy tenant. This tenant hates cleaning, and they don’t have respect for your home. They may throw garbage on the floor, which can attract pests and invite them into your property. He or she may also mark up your walls with paint, dirt or dust, and scuff up your flooring by wearing their shoes indoors. Renting your property to a sloppy tenant can cost you a great deal of money in repairs.
- The tenant who loves to party. This tenant sees your home as their party pad and is always throwing loud and obnoxious parties. They may invite too many people over and host parties where drugs and drinking are involved. These parties can lead to more damages in your home, and can even cause severe damage to fencing or walls in the interior of your home. If you manage student housing near Temple University, you have likely seen the results of these types of tenants firsthand.
- The bad-with-money tenant. This tenant always seems to “forget” when rent is due, and they never seem to have enough money on time. They may lie to stall for extra time to pay the rent or they may make you wait weeks on end to pay you. These tenants don’t respect you, your property or your time, so they will likely force you to chase them for your rent money.
If you own a rental property, avoid the damage caused by bad tenants by working with a property management company that knows how to screen the right way to find responsible renters!
Our team at MK Management Group is proud to work directly with property owners and those searching for apartments to rent near Temple University, so don’t be afraid to give us a call today.
Go cherry and white! If you’re a Temple University student excited to start or continue your academic career next year, you should consider taking a look at the exceptional apartments for rent near Temple University available from MK Management Group!
Here are three of the biggest benefits that you will get to enjoy as a student when you choose to live closer to campus.
- Ease of access. Signed up for a crazy early 8 am course next semester? No worries! When you live closer to Temple University’s campus, you have the potential to be within walking of your classes, so you can hit the snooze button one more time and still make it before class starts.
- More opportunities. Philadelphia is packed with things to do, places to see and educational endeavors to pursue. Student housing in Temple University is conveniently located close to public transportation, and there is always a new business popping up that’s hiring, a new restaurant to try or a museum running a special admission deal. When you live close to one of the best universities in Philadelphia, you have the opportunity to do more with your time.
- Amazing nightlife. Temple Owls work hard and they love to play hard too! Foodies and cocktail lovers are sure to be satisfied by the number of unique and innovative nightclubs, bars and dining options that are nearby. There’s also always sure to be a student event taking place on campus. You’ll never be bored when you live so close to Temple University!
Still searching for the right apartment for you? MK Management Group has got you covered! Give us a call today at 215-664-7824 for more information or browse our website to view our properties in the Temple University area!
Aside from the Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell, Tastykake, throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and Rocky Balboa, the great city of Philadelphia is also known for one other thing: cheesesteaks.
With a sandwich shop on every corner, there are many hidden gems and tourist traps scattered all across the city.
In this blog, we at MK Management Group, one of top property management companies helping Temple University students, are going to give our five favorite spots to grab a delicious AUTHENTIC Philly cheesesteak. None of this green peppers tomfoolery you see elsewhere.
#5 – Pat’s King of Steaks/Geno’s – Now, I know we said we weren’t going to name any tourist traps and the corner of 9th & Passyunk is often considered a tourist trap, but it is very hard to argue that Pat’s and Geno’s are bad by any means. A rivalry as fierce as the Yankees vs. the Red Sox, Eagles vs. Cowboys and good vs. evil, Pat’s vs. Geno’s have been duking it out since 1966 when Geno’s steaks opened up across the street from Pat’s King of Steaks. For crying out loud, the “Philly Cheesesteak” was created by Pat’s King of Steaks in 1933. Neither are good enough to rank high on our list but we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
#4 – Steve’s Prince of Steaks – Sitting on the throne of cheesesteaks in the Greater Northeast section of Philadelphia, Steve’s Prince of Steaks has found the right formula for a cheesesteak that still holds up today. Steve’s has since expanded to Center City and Langhorne.
#3 – Dalessandro’s Steaks and Hoagies – Not too far off Main Street in Manayunk, Dalessandro’s has been serving up some of the fattest cheesesteaks the city has ever seen. Similar to Pat’s vs. Geno’s, Dalessandro’s has its own rivalry with Chubby’s across the street.
#2 – Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop – The only other location in the Northeast on our list, Joe’s, formally Chink’s, has been serving up great cheesesteaks since 1949. Joe’s has since opened up a second location in the newly popular Fishtown area on Frankford Avenue.
#1 – John’s Roast Pork – If you are swayed by the name, you’ll find yourself taking a bite into the greatest cheesesteak in the cheesesteak capital of the world. Right off of Columbus Boulevard on Snyder Avenue, John’s Roast Pork certainly didn’t create the cheesesteak, but they sure did perfect it. Their seasoned beef and sharp provolone combine for a cheesesteak that simply can’t be rivaled.
For more helpful information from MK Management Group, one of the leading property management companies in Philadelphia, or to inquire about renting an apartment or home near Temple University, make sure to browse our website.
With over 1,800 bars in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphians sure know how to enjoy their nights out. Constantly being voted into lists of cities with the best nightlife in the United States, tourists and residents alike are sure for a good night in the one-time nation’s capital.
At MK Management Group, we help people find apartments for rent near Temple University but also learn about the city. For Temple students (of age of course!) looking for a place to spend their night out, here are our favorite five bars in Philadelphia.
#5 – Monk’s Cafe
A safe haven for all beer nerds, Monk’s Cafe is home to over 200 rare beers and over 25 delicious Belgian brews on tap. Located in Rittenhouse Square, Monk’s Cafe is a must-try for all beer lovers. With beer that will draw you in, Monk’s food is sure to make you stay.
#4 – Bok Bar
One of the newest bars on this list, Bok Bar is a semi-hidden gem in Philadelphia. With a beautiful view of the Center City skyline, Bok Bar will leave you breathless until you’re craving another sip of whatever you are drinking. Before you start making your weekend plans, Bok Bar is only during the spring and summer months. Experience what makes Bok Bar unique while you can.
#3 – Johnny Brenda’s
Opening in 2005, Johnny Brenda’s is the go-to spot for anyone craving live music. Located in the newly popular Fishtown neighborhood right outside of the Northeast, Johnny Brenda’s has the good music and beer flowing seven days a week.
#2 – Frankford Hall
Unlike most bars in Philadelphia, Frankford Hall seems more like a house party with friends. With long tables and an outdoor firepit, Frankford Hall has many activities including beer pong, table tennis, cornhole and even Jenga.
#1 – McGillin’s Olde Ale House
Philly’s oldest continuously operating bar, McGillin’s Olde Ale House doesn’t just serve cold beer, but they also slice up a piece of American History free of charge. Located in the heart of Center City, McGillin’s Olde Ale House is an experience that can only be summed up by visiting in person.
For more information on MK Management Group, the go-to company for student housing near Temple University, browse our website.
Have you been dreaming of a new apartment? Finally looking to get into a place of your own or move into a bigger apartment or house in Philadelphia? Now is the time to get a jump start on finding housing near Temple University for next school year!
At MK Management Group, we are one of the premier groups offering rental property management in Philadelphia We can help you find an apartment or home that you love at a price that you can afford.
If you plan on attending Temple University next school year and are looking to live off campus, now is the ideal time to work with a rental property management company. MK Management Group starts leasing in the fall, so you’ll be able to find an awesome property during this time of year at rates that are lower and more manageable rent and lease payments.
Aside from now being the perfect time for students to start looking for their living arrangements for next school year, home prices have also had the tendency to drop in October. Students will not be able to find high-end properties, larger units and property locations once it gets closer to when classes begin. By looking now, you will have more time to shop and find a great property!
Property hunters also usually face less competition in the fall and winter months. Students are at an advantage when it comes to housing in the fall because families tend to avoid this season, as their children are usually in school and they do not wish to uproot and move.
If you’ve been thinking about taking the plunge and making a move, now is an excellent time to get started! Contact us at MK Management Group today by calling (215) 664-7824 to learn more!
Congratulations! You’ve made it into college, and you’re about to start the last leg of your academic career. While you may already have chosen your major, there are still other important decisions to be made, like how you’ll decorate your new apartment!
At MK Management Group, one of the top companies providing rental property management near Temple University, we love to see new college students taking full advantage of their space. Take our tips for making the most out of your new apartment, and have a great school year!
● Hang window treatments. Want to make your space feel more grown up? Skip the blackout curtains and plastic window coverings and go for fabric window treatments! They’re available in a variety of colors, inexpensive from Amazon.com and will make your apartment look and feel luxurious, even if you bought them from a mass-market store!
● Add a splash of color. Most apartments near Temple will come along with a set of neutral colored walls, which means you have plenty of room to play with color and make the apartment your own. Many students like to add a pop of color with bright lamps, posters, or even a vase of synthetic flowers. Your apartment will look put together even if you are buying inexpensive items to use for decorating!
● Check out your local thrift store. Are you looking for decorations for a great price? Don’t underestimate thrift and secondhand stores! Thrift stores are the perfect source for many of the things you will likely need moving into your first apartment, including side tables, desks, appliances, and lighting fixtures at rock bottom prices. Just be sure to check and make sure that everything works and is in good condition before you buy!
Still haven’t found your apartment for the fall semester? No worries! MK Management Group, one of the most reputable property management companies in Philadelphia, can help you find the right apartment near Temple University!