Maximizing your investment in a rental property is all about taking small steps to increase your home’s appeal to renters. Luckily, there are a few cost-effective ways to make your home look more appealing during showings that don’t require massive cash investments!
Here are five quick steps that you can take today to increase the market value of your rental space from our real estate management experts serving Francisville at MK Management Group.
- Sprucing up the yard. The first thing that potential renters will see is the exterior of your rental property. A lawn that’s fallen into disarray can signal to renters that you may not keep up with maintenance. Taking some time to spruce up the lawn, decorate with flowers or ornaments, and sweep the porch will do wonders for your home’s value. Best of all? Weeding your front and backyard is free!
- Deep clean the carpets. Even if your previous tenants have taken perfect care of your rental property, the carpets will likely still need to be professionally “deep-cleaned” with steam and shampoo before you show the home—especially if you have white or light colored carpeting.
- Give your home a thorough dusting. If you’ve had a tenant move out recently, chances are high that the one chore they forgot to complete was to dust. Give your property a thorough dusting and cleaning before showing to any new prospective tenants.
- Spray for pests. It’s much more cost-effective to spray for pests to prevent them than deal with an infestation. Make sure to take preventative measures before you notice the earliest signs of a pest problem, like feces residue or bite marks on furniture.
- Change air filters. Regularly changing your ventilation system air filter will save you money in long-term repair costs and will leave your interior feeling fresher.
Ready to let a professional property management company increase your property’s value? Make being a landlord simple with MK Management Group! Give our property management company serving Francisville a call today at 215-664-7824 today to learn more and get started!